Residencies in performing arts were launched in 2011 in cooperation with Truc Sphérique
, Žilina. The program provides opportunities to host performing artists or companies from/in all V4 countries
and to support concerted work to create a platform for information exchange and to support contemporary theatre and dance in Central Europe.
Emphasis is given to innovation, experiment and creativity in performing arts—new drama, contemporary dance, new circus, physical theatre, visual theater, alternative theater, performance art, etc. As such, the program is not suitable for stone theaters, already developed performances, or theater festivals.
- professional and innovative approach in the performing arts as demonstrated in the application form/portfolio;
- applicants are citizens of V4 countries over the age of 18;
- both individual artists or artistic groups (members of a group shall be from the same country) can apply.
- Each applicant may be granted support only once in each V4 member state other than the applicant’s citizenship and residence;
- Each applicant may be granted support only once per calendar year;
- Residencies are intended as 3-month projects with a minimum 2-week stay at given host institution;
- All applicant’s previous projects supported by the fund must be concluded when applying;
- The financial support is given to both the artists and the host institutions in the following format:
- €4,000 for individual residency (1–2 artists): €1,500 for the host institution/€2,500 for the artist;
- €8,000 for group residency (3 artists and more): €2,500 for the host institution/€5,500 for the group.
Compulsory enclosures to the application:
- Copy of the applicant’s ID (of each applicant if applying as a group)
- Portfolio of previous work + reviews (where applicable)
- Original letter of acceptance from the host organization (copies, faxes or scans cannot be accepted); the letter must be on a letterhead paper and must include the following information:
- name of the artist
- title of the project
- planned dates of the project
- date and signature of the statutory representative
- Copies of ID documents of the host organization; such documents:
- must include the name of the statutory representative
- must include the registered seat of the organization
- must include ID number of the organization (e.g. tax ID number)
- cannot be older than 3 months
All compulsory enclosures (except for the registration documents and/or a copy of ID) must be in English. All documents must be delivered to the fund along with the application form in a single package; documents sent separately cannot be accepted.